Psalm 100: 1-5
- Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
- Worship the Lord with gladness; come into his presence with singing.
- Know that the Lord is God. It is he that made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
- Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, bless his name.
- For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
Music is a vital part of our worship experience at Messiah. It enhances our worship, and helps us express ourselves in ways the spoken word alone cannot. We sing to the Lord and to our brothers and sisters in Christ. We communicate through the boundlessness and beauty of music.
We use several different liturgical settings throughout the year which include different sung responsorials. As a congregation we also have a variety of hymns each week.
Messiah has an Adult Choir that sings at the 10:45 am service. The choir is composed of many talented folks of varied ages. All are welcome to join no matter what level of experience. The choir generally practices once a week and occasionally more often in preparation for special worship events. Messiah also has a Children’s Choir that performs on various occasions throughout the school year.
Our musical presentations also include soloists, small groups, and instrumentalists. These presentations are scheduled throughout the year, but are showcased particularly in the summer during the choir hiatus. In addition, we have a Handbell choir that performs periodically throughout the year
Be sure to refer to the calendar page for rehearsal dates and times.